Top 9 Sites for Camping in France
As you may know, France is located in Western Europe and consists of some other islands. It is surrounded by the neighboring countries Switzerland, Italy, Spain, etc. These countries are heaven for nature loving people. Due to the fact that this country has beautiful sites and cities, it has tourists from all over the world. Like some other countries, you can find rental pitches for tents, motor homes, and touring caravans for camping in France.
Accommodation is made for your comfort, of course. Like every other country, France also has some restrictions in regards to the camping ground. In France, you can camp anywhere with the permission of landowners. You need to keep one thing in your mind – you cannot disturb your surroundings and you need to clean your thrash before leaving the area.
Must Visit Places
- Brittany Coast- People in France prefer to go on camping in the summer, as the weather is comparatively hot and sunny but nice at the same time. The beach areas are beautifully surrounded by pine trees.
- French Alps- France has certain ranges of the Alps Mountain. This mountain range is a primary attraction for hikers, campers, and gliders. The marvel of the mountain increases with the Alpine Lakes. There are some resorts you can stay at on your camping trip or you can pitch your own camp with permission.
- Burgundy- Located in East Central France, Burgundy contains a network of canals. Wine is one of the central calls of this place. It experiences many wine tasting ceremonies, which is why it is one of the sites that can’t be missed. Some companies offer to stay in the countryside for camping.
- Paris- One of the most visited places in the world is Paris, as the capital of France. It’s a center of art, gastronomy, culture, and most of all, fashion. Paris is famous for the Eiffel Tower. It’s a beautiful place to visit. The Louvre Museum and Cathedral Notre-Dame de Paris are some of the more attractive sites to visit. Summertime is the best time to camp in this city.
- Côte d’Azur- Another name for this place is “French Riviera”. It is located on the Mediterranean coast of Southeastern France. If you want to stay here, there are many famous beach resorts like Saint Tropez and Cannes. It has many beautiful camping areas.
- Jura- Campgrounds are provided here. Jura La Petite Montagne is located in the regional national park. Lake Vouglans and Moirans are two of the best places to explore.
- Loire- The Loire Valley is a perfect campsite. The greenery and banks of the river are admirable sites to visit. You can camp or rent a tent here.
- Vendee- Being one of the locations that receives the most warmth, it is located in West Central France, Pays de la Loire. You can feel the rural area and clean ocean water. Undoubtedly, the campsites of Vendee are simply amazing.
- Picardy- Once, Picardy was the battlefield of World War I. Now, it has become the center of attraction for campers. The vast wetlands of the Somme and Compiegne Forest are the ideal sites for camping. Apart from the natural beach, this place has been developed for visitors with extra features.
France sure does have a lot to offer! Camping in France is just one of the best things you can do for yourself.