God has given us a hand to carry the load, but he also has given us the brain to maximize work efficiency.
There is a list of inventions that make human work easier. Nowadays, we see people carrying their things in a backpack. Using a backpack makes it easy to carry things around. Professionals, students, travelers, and hikers use a backpack. Initially, people used to carry things around by wrapping them in a piece of cloth. Clearly, we’ve gone a long way.
The first zipper backpack was invented by Gerry Outdoors in 1938. Initially, these types of backpacks were only for hiking and camping, but as time went on, people started to use the backpack for their daily fulfillment. Now, we see the refined form of backpacks.
Who Invented the Idea of Backpacks?
History says that in 3300 BC, a person named Otzi the Iceman used the first backpack. This backpack was made up of leather. He used this bag while traveling Val Senales Valley.
Top 8 Backpacks
- Travel backpack- These are for the purpose of carrying heavy loads. We can see that travel backpacks are made with strong and durable material. They have various compartments to organize your stuff properly.
- Backpacks for office (laptop backpacks)- Nowadays, the laptop is a must for people who go to the office daily. They are easy to carry with enough space. This type of backpack has two or three zipper sections to keep extra clothes, books, shoes, and socks for an extra working hour.
- Backpacks for daily use- This type of backpack is very common these days. It is a smaller size backpack, which allows carrying daily essentials. If you are planning a day out, it is the best backpack.
- Hiking or trekking backpacks- People like to go on adventures. These types of backpacks are designed to fulfill their needs. Hiking or trekking backpacks have plenty of features like many pockets, lash-on points, and a strong, sturdy frame with the hip belt. Features can be more specific than described. They can carry heavy loads and every essential item can be kept in it.
- Crag backpacks (mountaineering backpacks)– These types of backpacks are similar to hiking or trekking backpacks. People use it for rappelling. Remember, comfort is one thing that you must consider when getting a backpack.
- Rucksack- There are many designs available for this type of backpack. Some backpacks have a main partition with other compartments, while others have a smaller compartment with limited partition.
- Cycling backpacks- There are different types of backpacks, like hydration backpacks which are for the purpose of providing the hands-free facility. While riding a bicycle, their main compartment provides a hydration bladder. They have a capacity to carry the load of maximum 10 liters. Biking gear backpacks have some extra features to be able to carry 10-30 liters. The rider can organize his cycling gear and tool with the help of its organizational panel.
- Snow sports backpacks- For someone who enjoys skiing, this is essential. The backpacks can carry snowboards and other gears in it. They fit your body to have the least movement, which is very important during skiing.
Everyone chooses their backpacks according to their needs and preferences.