This article will give you some dry tortugas camping tips to make your trips safer and more enjoyable. Dry Tortugas is a type of spider, which can grow to two meters in length. They are usually found in the tropical and subtropical forests of Central and South America. Their name came from the dried leaves and twigs that were used by the native people as medicinal herbs.
There is no need for you to fear these creatures because they are not dangerous. On the other hand, you have to take special care when camping in the forest. If you want to avoid dry tortugas, you should follow these simple tips. The following are the best things that you should remember to make your trips safer and more enjoyable.
Dry Tortugas Camping Tips
– Never leave your food or water out in the open. Always carry it with you. You never know when wild animals might find it and attack it. Better bring along some food and water first before leaving them around.
– You should never go hiking without sun tan lotion. This is especially important if you will be doing a lot of walking in the woods. Sun tans make your skin healthier and protect you from the harmful UV rays of the sun. Make sure that you apply it on your body every time you go outside. It will keep your skin moisturized, preventing dryness.
– Always make sure that you are equipped with enough medicines. Bring along your first aid kit in case of an injury. These are easily available in pharmacies. Also carry an extra set of gloves so that you can easily wash your hands. Wet hands may cause more trouble than dry ones, especially if you come in touch with wild tortugas while you are hiking in the forest.
– Another very important thing to remember is to never go swimming in the wild until you have been thoroughly cleaned by a doctor. The water in which tortugas live may carry bacteria and diseases that can endanger your life. Unless you are absolutely sure that the water is clean, do not venture into it. Even if it is, make sure that you are still covered with a protective body suit.
– Always dress according to the season. If it is summer, make sure that you are dressed in summer clothes such as shorts and shirts. Avoid wearing long pants because they can get too wet. In winter, make sure that you dress warmly.
Other Must Know Tips
Dry Tortugas camping tips do not only apply to the environment and physical hazards. They also cover one basic and very important thing to remember during your adventure: to be safe. Do not forget that the biggest danger you will face is still from humans. And remember to have a very safe and pleasant trip.
Tortugas are generally solitary animals but do not forget that there are times when they get together in mating season. One of the most popular places where tortugas mate is along the riverbank. It is important that before you get there, you know the behavior and routine of the male tortugas. Once you are there, make sure that you let him out through an opening in your tarp. This way, he will not see other female tortures and possibly mate with them.
– There are female tortugas but these are rare. These are called mother tortugas and they will stay near the fry laying their eggs. They are very protective of their young and will attack any unfamiliar creature that comes near them. If you come across one of these mother tortugas, make sure that you quickly remove her from the babies because she could harm them. If you don’t know how to take care of her, leave her on the shore while you get help.
In The End
– Another one of the dry tortugas camping tips is that they usually like to eat small animals such as frogs. You might have to go out a lot to find these. When you do find them, they are usually dead because they drown during the mating season. Make sure that you have cleaned the frogs thoroughly before you brought them home.
– If you really want to go out and have some fun in the wilderness, bring along a good camera with you. Tortugas love to photograph things such as their litters and nests. This is the best way to show them off to other people. You can also take pictures of the baby tortugas which will be so cute. These are just a few dry tortugas camping tips that you should follow to have a better time.